Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm a Snus Girl

Hiya to the accidental tourist who surfed in here purely by mistake. I'm Sophie, and I'm a snus girl.

What the hell, you ask, is a snus girl? Um, it's a girl who doesn't love smoke and really doesn't love to spit, and especially isn't a fan of cancer, but who likes some nicotine once in awhile. Or once an hour. Snus girls are hot in a good way - most of the time, if I've got a snus under my lip, you won't know. I can smile, talk, go hours without eating, and I'm hella-cute if I say so myself. And I do.

Snus girls are legal, because you have to be 18 to buy them.

So what the hell is a snus, then?

It's a little pouch of tobacco about the size of a penny that slides between your lip and your gum. Yes, Jim Bob, it does sound a lot like a Skoal Bandit or Skoal pouch - but there are two crucial differences. One, snus means never having to spit. And two, snus means that my chances of getting oral cancer are significantly less. I don't have bloody gums or sores in my mouth. And yes, my breath smells just fine. But because I'm getting my nicotine jones handled, I'm way less of a bitch than I would be without them, and I'm not eating the house. Bonus!

Trouble is, snus aren't readily available where I live. And when I can get them, they suck. Those Camel things? For babies. Seriously, toddlers could not get a nic buzz off a 4 mg dose. Even Bandits have 8. The stuff I snus has between 11 and 17 grams of nicotine per pouch - as much or more than Copenhagen or Skoal pouches. Yeah, I said it. ;)

I get mine here:

They're shipped straight from Sweden, but they arrive within a week of the time I order, shipping is about as cheap as domestic postage in the US, and they offer great sampler packs if you're not sure what you like.

I like Thunder Frosted Snus, but I also enjoy Oden's Cinnamon, Grovsnus Black, General Onyx, and other strong brands. If you're just beginning to snus, you may want to try some flavors in mild strengths, like General Wintergreen or even the tiny mini snus, which are great for when you have to go shopping with your mom and don't want to explain what that is in your mouth.

Heh.

Anyway, that's me. This blog will have lots of entries about me, about snus, about the brands and flavors I try and review for your reading pleasure or annoyance, and whatever else I decide to put here. Snus on!

No comments:

Post a Comment