Sunday, August 9, 2009

It Don't Matter If You're Black Or White

So now you've decided to snus. You've chosen to go with snus portions because I said they were cooler, you've picked out the nicotine content that's right for you, and now you are faced with yet another snus dilemma. White portion or regular? What the sam-hill-fuck is a white portion anyway? And to add to the confusion, now you can get black portions. Your eyes are starting to cross, and you're thinking seriously of just going back to the Green Apple Pouches and learning to love your own spit.

Don't let The Man get you down, snuser. I'm here to help.

In the world of Swedish snus, white and black are the same thing. White portions were developed because some people like their snus really moist and kinda wet, and some people prefer never ever to swallow tobacco juice. Snus were developed to allow the snuser to "gut it", or swallow. Nice girls spit, snus girls swallow, or something like that. But there is still a little bit of juiciness to most regular portion snus.

White portions are made drier (bit more salt, I think) and much less likely to produce the need to either spit or swallow, and the pouch fabric is more absorbent. And black portions are just like white portions. Just the color of the outside is different. Kudos to Grovsnus Black and General Onyx for snusal equality. The black pouches are cool looking, and very soft and satiny feeling in the mouth. Shuttup, I know what you're thinking.

Personally, I find that some white portions are juicier than some regulars, and that I occasionally swallow with all varieties. Really dry white portions I like are Skruf White and Catch White Eucalyptus, but I have to say that my Thunder Strong Originals are as dry as any white portion I've tried. Oden's are really dry too, but even stronger than Thunder.

Right now I'm playing with a sampler I got from Getsnus.com, one of my go-to snus order sites. It came with three cans each of Grovsnus Black and General Onyx.

This morning I got all crazy and thought, well, hey, i'll just pop in one of each. 11 mg nicotine each, it'll just be like having 1 1/4 Thunders, right? Wrong.

The Grov and Onyx taste fabulous together - very rich, almost lemon-pepper-bergamot-vanilla-lavender, which sounds gross but tastes really nice. The pouches are smoooth. And about ten minutes in, I felt the room start to spin. I waited out the buzz, which was very pleasant if almost a bit much, got up and started doing some stuff around the house. Thirty minutes in, they totally juiced up on me. That's usually a good clue it's time to ditch the snus, so I did, and I'm still riding the black duo an hour later.

No comments:

Post a Comment